Dental Bridges are time-tested dental restorations that are an ideal option to replace missing teeth.
What Happens If Missing Teeth Are Not Replaced
Let’s understand why it’s important to get a missing tooth replaced as soon as possible. If you leave the gap as it is, the missing teeth can cause many problems that stretch beyond simple aesthetics. In fact, if not addressed, missing teeth can cause health problems in the long run.
Missing teeth can cause the following problems:
- Jaw bone loss at the site of the missing tooth: Since the tooth is no longer there, the jaw bone mass in that area will start to disappear since there’s no stimulation where the tooth used to stand.
- Misaligned Teeth: Neighboring teeth start shifting and moving into the vacant gap left behind. The shift will cause the roots of the moving tooth to destabilize.
- Over-Eruption: The tooth opposite to the missing tooth may over-erupt and cause problems. For example, if you have a gap in your lower dental arch, the corresponding tooth may keep poking itself into the gap and cause pain.
Over time, this can cause dull headaches and bleeding of gums.
- Overload on Other Teeth: Every tooth has its own function in the oral cavity. If one is missing, others are exposed to occlusal wear and tear and heightened sensitivity.
Our dental team in San Pablo, CA is there to take care of your every need. The San Pablo dentist will make a detailed examination of the oral cavity and suggest suitable treatment options.
How You Can Benefit from Dental Bridges at iSmile San Pablo
Dental bridges are non-invasive, personalized dental prosthetics that are built to last and function for years. Patients enjoy a wide array of benefits from dental bridges:
- You can chew and bite properly
- You can speak without difficulty
- The dental bridge helps distribute bite force evenly
- They preserve your facial shape and prevent other teeth from drifting out of place
Make a convenient appointment with iSmile San Pablo in San Pablo, CA for more information on dental bridge placement.